Thursday 2 July 2009

Fish Film Practice Shoot

I went down to where the shoot would be taking place. It was a large warehouse with a massive walk in freezer in it, as all of The Fish Society's fish is sold frozen. The main area for me was a squared off part of the warehouse with sinks along one side and work surfaces around the rest of it "the prep area". This is where they gut, fillet and whatever else needs doing to the fish before they are packed and put into the freezer, and this is where I would be filming. For the first half hour I was just walking around this area looking for where I could take shots from, and what might work well. Alistair, the owner of The Fish Society then told me he had three fish to practice on: skate wings, a wild salmon and a 14 kg halibut, and we filmed them in that order. Everything went quite well but Alistair would say something funny or something about the fish that ought to be on the film whilst the camera was off, which was a bit annoying!

I have some production stills that I will post ASAP.

No comments: