Thursday 9 July 2009

Fish Film Editing the 30 kg halibut

The first issue in the editing that i realised i would have was keeping the film to 5 minutes. As i had 45 minutes of footage most of which was important to the filleting as there weren't any retakes or anything. I went throught the editing and didnt have any major problems other than the one already stated. I managed to get it down to 7 minutes 30 and as I said I would do a slightly longer version also I tried to render the video and then export it. At this point problems really started occuring!!

Every time I treid to render it I would leave it and go and do something else but everytime I came back and treid to do anything my computer crashed. After about 2 - 3 hours i finally managed to get it all rendered without it crashing and so then treid to export it as a video and then the problems continued! The first time it exported again the computer crashed after having exported it, but the exported file did not work, and so i treid again. This time my Adobe Media Encoder stoped working, I tried to do this multiple times but it failed and so i called Adobes customer support!

No comments: