Tuesday 11 August 2009

Cooking Halibut editing

Whilst waiting for the Fish Society to get back to me about the feedback I started editing the "Cooking Halibut" film. Straight away the biggest problem with this film was it was much less formally shot and there were 4 people sitting around a table just off screen eating some mussels that had been cooked just before. This meant that there was voices through alot of it and meant I couldn't use that footage. Another problem was where I moved in for close ups whilst it was on the side meant that the sound from the oven would disappear in a few shots but this didn't seem to matter too much! The third major issue was Mark (the chef) has a quite voice and is very hard to understand in the film at certain points. I put together a first draft and posted it up on youtube.

No comments: