Sunday 14 December 2008

Editing 9 Video 11.12.08

This is our last full day and so came in at 9 am and have said we cant leave the computer room until all the work is done. Chase and I worked on editing the main documentary but chase had to leave a bit early to do something, Joe and Rosie worked on getting the documentary files together and Jack put together the making of from the footage off Chases camcorder. We had a slight problem with the new footage it was put into a VOB format, I'm not sure what this is but it was not supported by Premier Pro and so to be able to import it you had to change this to MPG. By about 7 pm I had finished a First draft 4 minute long version, i showed it to my group and asked what they thought the feedback i got was:
-Footage of the road was too long
-To incorporate 2 shots one of Nathan smoking a cig and one of Nathans hands (this is was planning on doing already)
-To fade pictures in overlaying the current ones
-To try and shorten some of the longer clips of Nathan grafting
I took this in and tried to change the video to incorprate this feedback into it. I had finished basically the final movie by 8.30 pm.
I was very happy with what i had got done today and for how long i had worked on it for. Joe and Rossi got most of the production files completed and Jack got a first edit of "The Making Of" done.

No comments: