Thursday 30 October 2008

SPP Journal Task 2 - Creative Opportunity

Our second journal task is: Using your own personal exp. write a few lines that describe how a personal contact has provided a creative opportunity for you.

A personal exp. that I have had that has given me a creative opportunity was during the start of my gap year. After about a month and a half of looking for a job, including going to the job centre, handing out cvs, looking in papers and online, a group of chefs i had met recently in my local pub said they had a vaccancy as a kitchen porter. This basically involved washing the pots and doing what ever the chefs asked. I took the job and started right away. This is not that big of a creative opportuity, but after doing this job for a while and having drunk some more in the pub, I expressed my interest for cooking and they then asked if I would like to have a bit of training to be a chef. This resulted in me working for a little bit as a chef. This is something I had always wanted to do, as I have been into cooking since I was quite young.

No comments: